Skip to content High contrast mode

Visa is not required for citizens of the European Union (EU) and countries which are in the European Economic Area (EEA). Students from the territories mentioned above need a valid travel document which entitles them to enter Poland. They may enter Poland without a visa and remain on Polish territory without legalizing their stay for up to 3 months. 

List of countries which citizens are not required to be in possession of a visa to enter Poland for less than 90 days.

Stays beyond 3 months’ duration will require the student to obtain a residence permit or a temporary residence permit. In order to obtain a residence permit, appropriate documents have to be submitted by the student in person by the first day of the 4th month from their entering the Republic of Poland.

All citizens of non-EU/EEA member countries who wish to study in Poland are required to obtain a Polish student visa before arriving in Poland.

They should contact the Polish Consulate or Embassy in their country of residence. Information about visa requirements and application forms are available on websites of Polish diplomatic missions abroad, in the candidate's country of residence. 

List of Poland's missions abroad.

Candidates for studies after succesful enrolment proces will receive an official Letter of Acceptance from the University, which is necessary to obtain a student visa.


After a visa has been granted, students who wish to prolong their stay in the Republic of Poland should submit an application form to the adequate Imigration Office before the end of the residence period based on the visa, or before the end of the period for which the previous temporary residence permit has been granted.

International students staying at Univeristy of Social Sciences for more than 3 months are obliged to obtain a temporary residence permit. The residence permit is issued by the Departments for Foreigners:

Mazowiecki Urząd Wojewódzki w Warszawie
Wydział Spraw Cudzoziemców

plac Bankowy 3/5, 00-950 Warszawa
website in English 

Łódzki Urząd Wojewódzki
Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców

Piotrkowska 103, 90-425 Łódź
phone: +48 (42) 664-17-22
fax: +48 (42) 664-17-56
website in Polish